You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 CarPlay USB connected?? Is it compatible?

How will iPhone 12 connect to existing CarPlay compatible cars via USB? Will it work? Will the phone charger? The USB connection in my car is built in. Thanks

Posted on Oct 17, 2020 7:37 AM

8 replies

Nov 28, 2020 12:17 PM in response to chi_town_123

My car has Apple CarPlay capability...and was installed to accept a USB A cable - for my iPhone 8Plus (via lightning connector port)

I now have an iPhone 12 and it seems to be ‘kicking on and off’ —- versus the iPhone 8Plus

Noticed that the iPhone 12 came with a cable that is USB C to Lightning Connector

Do I need to get a USB C to USB A adapter....or will the iPhone 12 work with a USB C to Lightning connector??

OR - do I need to go back to the Dashboard GPS Installer (Best Buy) and have them switch output to accept a USB A connector???

Please advise. It’s kind of frustrating...and I’ve tried multiple USB A Cables (with lightning connector)

I need advice. Anyone else having this problem?

iPhone 12 CarPlay USB connected?? Is it compatible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.