You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 14 on Catalina: App signature cannot be verified

Hi,

I have a Mac running on Catalina 10.15.7 that recently updated Safari to version 14.

After that I noticed that Little Snitch cannot verify app signature (Code signature: Resource or signature modified). And when I run codesign on terminal it reports as follows:

codesign --verify --verbose /Applications/Safari.app

/Applications/Safari.app: a sealed resource is missing or invalid

[+ a number of files added]

Is this normal and expected behavior? Is the app signature somehow purposefully broken with Safari 14?

Thank you for your advice.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 17, 2020 1:31 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Nov 3, 2020 8:02 AM in response to gmojo02

It's due to Safari's new security model and yes I experienced the same issue immediately after Safari update took place; Little Snitch had no response. I didn't trust it so rather than live with the error I chose to reinstall Mac OS and stay at the previous version of Safari until I see either party clarify that this issue has been resolved.

Safari 14 on Catalina: App signature cannot be verified

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.