You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WhatsApp Backup

Dear Apple,

Yesterday I downloaded the WhatsApp for Business app, right when I downloaded it, the regular Whatsapp App collapsed without a notice and I could not launch it even after restarting my iPhone several times.

I decided to launch the WhatsApp for Business app and see if I can reach my conversations from there. However, once I joined the WhatsApp for Business app immediately all of my information and previous messages (including media) was deleted.

I deleted both apps and downloaded the regular app which finally was able to launch. Yet, my information did not appear.

When I look in my settings I see that my iCloud was backed up yesterday at 14:08 with over 20 GB for the WhatsApp, how can I restore this information which is extremely important for me, both on a personal level but also on a business level?

Looking forward to hearing back from you,

All the best,

Haim

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 4:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 1:14 PM

You can reset the device and restore from the backup -- Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support.

Similar questions

1 reply

WhatsApp Backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.