You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I move a region up or down with a key command in Logic Pro?

I want to move a selected region down to the next track (either up or down) keeping the same position like you would clicking and dragging, but using the keyboard or a key command. How do I do this? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I probably need to do this about 3000 times in a project, so using the mouse and clicking and dragging is extremely inconvenient. I timed this. The time of clicking, dragging up or down, then holding down shift so it will snap in the same location, is going to take 3 seconds each time (taking 2.5 hours of JUST moving tracks), where if there was a key command, it takes 1/2 a second (meaning 25 minutes).

Thanks for any help/info

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 8:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 11:21 PM

Did you look at the Move Selected Region to Selected Track command? There is a key command for it.

Move regions in the Logic Pro Tracks area - Apple Support.

WD

4 replies

Oct 20, 2020 1:35 AM in response to Wilddrums

Thanks for responding, it's a minor improvement, but I still have to:

1. Select the track (which de-selects the region I want to move)
  2. Click the region (again) I want to move it to with the mouse
  3. Then, Move to Focused Track (which is what I assume you and the webpage meant, maybe they changed the terminology).

It looks like there is no function for this, so I'll probably have to write a macro that automates the motion I want.

Thanks again

How do I move a region up or down with a key command in Logic Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.