You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s randomly vibrates

The last two days (October 19 & 20, 2020), my iPhone 6s occasionally starts for no discernable reason vibrating, as if I just received a text or am getting a calendar alarm. However, there or no texts, calls, or alarms set for that time. Sometimes it’ll vibrate once, then again; but sometimes the vibration “notifications of nothing” will keep going every so often for minutes. I’ve powered down and then up, and sometimes that doesn’t work, sometimes it does. Any help appreciated!

iPhone 6s

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 3:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2020 11:57 AM

Hi. I couldn’t take it anymore last week, so I backed up my phone on my iMac, erased my phone, and restored it from the backup. No problems now. Plus, Siri had not been about to find 80% of my contacts since June, and now it can find them all (so my instructions to Siri to tell my daughter something (to generate a Message) are no longer being met with “I can’t find Tessa in your contacts” even though she’s there! Thanks for reaching out. It seems the backup, erase, and restore solved it.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 27, 2020 11:57 AM in response to barberlives123

Hi. I couldn’t take it anymore last week, so I backed up my phone on my iMac, erased my phone, and restored it from the backup. No problems now. Plus, Siri had not been about to find 80% of my contacts since June, and now it can find them all (so my instructions to Siri to tell my daughter something (to generate a Message) are no longer being met with “I can’t find Tessa in your contacts” even though she’s there! Thanks for reaching out. It seems the backup, erase, and restore solved it.

Oct 26, 2020 9:45 AM in response to atobteam1

Hello atobteam1!

Looks like you are having some trouble with your iPhone randomly vibrating like it is receiving a notification. We are happy to help take a look into this issue together! Does this issue seem to occur at any specific times or when using certain apps? Also does it only happen when the device is locked or also during use? When this issue began did anything change on your device? Such as a software update or changing any settings?

Those answers will help us take a closer look into possible solutions. Take care!

iPhone 6s randomly vibrates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.