You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I retrieve older text messages and photos backed up on iCloud?

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 4:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 5:06 PM

For messages, were you using the following feature - Keep all your messages in iCloud - Apple Support or was it off? If it was off then the messages can be restored from a backup -- Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support. The same principle applies to photos as well, if the photos weren't stored in iCloud, then it can be restored from a backup.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 20, 2020 5:06 PM in response to Ybonal

For messages, were you using the following feature - Keep all your messages in iCloud - Apple Support or was it off? If it was off then the messages can be restored from a backup -- Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support. The same principle applies to photos as well, if the photos weren't stored in iCloud, then it can be restored from a backup.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.