You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deleting all settings and content from my ipad

I have a new Ipad air being delivered on Friday and i am trying to wipe my current ipad but for some reason it wont let me using the normal process

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 5:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 7:31 AM

You have provided no information about the “normal” process that you have attempted, what happens when you try, or any errors that you see. As such, it’s almost impossible to provide targeted advice.

If you are attempting to completely wipe your iPad, removing all data and credentials - in readiness for reuse or disposal - you should follow this procedure:

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 21, 2020 7:31 AM in response to vanman789

You have provided no information about the “normal” process that you have attempted, what happens when you try, or any errors that you see. As such, it’s almost impossible to provide targeted advice.

If you are attempting to completely wipe your iPad, removing all data and credentials - in readiness for reuse or disposal - you should follow this procedure:

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

deleting all settings and content from my ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.