You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ringer and alerts

My ringer and alerts sound keeps shutting off on it’s own on iPhone 8 Plus

iPhone 8 Plus, 14

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 10:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2020 10:25 PM

LIKE NETFLIX, IHEART RADIO, ROKU APP, PANDORA, FB MESSENGER OR ANY THAT YOU USE.. SHOULD UPDATE AUTOMATICALLY.

I DON'T KNOW WHICH ONE... ALL I KNOW IS... AS OF IOS 14.2 MY RINGERS AND ALERTS WORK PROPERLY.

ROBERT

7 replies

Oct 26, 2020 3:11 PM in response to foley102

Hi foley102,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. From our understanding, the ringer and alerts on your iPhone 8 Plus volume levels keep changing unexpectedly, do we have that right? If so, is the software on your iPhone up-to-date?

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Do you have a case on your iPhone? Does this happen without the case as well? How about any wireless or wired accessories that may be controlling the volume accidentally?

Do you have "Change with Buttons" enabled or disabled if you go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics? If you change it, does it make a difference?

Hope this helps!

Oct 26, 2020 7:45 PM in response to Leanne_68

It didn’t start happening until I updated my phone to 14.0 Something. Then I updated it again to 14.1 thinking maybe that would solve the problem, but it hasn’t. I’ve tried putting change with buttons on and off, hard reset my phone and took my case off. It’s still changing my ringer and alerts off by itself. This is very annoying. I think I’m not the only one. The update was bad and the following update didn’t fix my problem.

Ringer and alerts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.