You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to edit various styles on an Apple Template?

Hi,

I'm using one of the pre-defined templates that are available in Pages for iPad. However, I need to change the size of the text and the indent on one of the paragraph styles. However, when I click on the styles, the edit button in the top right corner is grayed out and I can't make the edits.

How can I do this? Why isn't edit avail;able? It just doesn't make sense. As it is, I'm having to manually change the text sizing chapter by chapter across nearly 30 chapters on a 330+ page book manuscript. I really would love to be able to edit those styles!

Thanks so much for any help! I really appreciate it. :)

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 10:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 7:48 AM

Tap the text with the style you want to change, then the format "paintbrush" and change the text size then tap "Update" next to the Paragraph Style so the * disappears.

SG

1 reply

How to edit various styles on an Apple Template?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.