You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scam Calls

I recently received a phone call from ‭+1 (800) 719-7578‬. They had a automated voice claiming to be Apple and told me that someone had tried to access my account. It said that I should not open my banking apps or any apps that contained personal information. When I was speaking to a live person, they hung up on me when I questioned the call. I later read that Apple will not call me when things like this happen, but will send me an email or a notification instead. I am just curious if my personal information and or financial information is at risk.

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 10:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2020 10:32 PM

Apple do not make such calls, only criminals do that.

If you have disclosed your financial or personal info to them then you should talk to your bank and make a change.

If not, you are safe.

1 reply

Scam Calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.