You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't my daughter use storage in Family

How do I add my daughter to our family storage, she can neither use it or buy anymore?

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 8:28 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 9:36 PM

Hi Zinacef,

I managed to work it out actually, she had had the invite and accepted, but my daughter uses a PC not a Mac. So I could see she was in Family sharing but was not using the F/S storage and was running out of the free 5Gb. I actually went into her iPhone and found she had the option there to use the F/S storage, its a check box option, not automatic like you would assume.

Thanks for inquiring though, cheers.

Jetson

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 23, 2020 9:36 PM in response to zinacef

Hi Zinacef,

I managed to work it out actually, she had had the invite and accepted, but my daughter uses a PC not a Mac. So I could see she was in Family sharing but was not using the F/S storage and was running out of the free 5Gb. I actually went into her iPhone and found she had the option there to use the F/S storage, its a check box option, not automatic like you would assume.

Thanks for inquiring though, cheers.

Jetson

Why can't my daughter use storage in Family

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.