You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scam Phone Calls

I am getting many phone calls on my land line claiming to be from Apple. They are telling me my iCloud has been breached, and saying to press "1" or call a certain number. Pretty sure this is a scam, but want to confirm that and find out how to stop these calls.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 1:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 2:23 PM

It is a scam. Apple doesn't make unsolicited phone calls. If there was a problem you would be notified when attempting to log in, including when logging into this forum. Also see: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

I don't know of a way to stop them on a landline; you may want to contact your phone company to see if they can help. One option to consider on an iPhone is Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers. See: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 23, 2020 2:23 PM in response to 3M8H

It is a scam. Apple doesn't make unsolicited phone calls. If there was a problem you would be notified when attempting to log in, including when logging into this forum. Also see: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

I don't know of a way to stop them on a landline; you may want to contact your phone company to see if they can help. One option to consider on an iPhone is Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers. See: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

Scam Phone Calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.