You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot find text box during PDF markup

During PDF markup, I select to add a text box. Every time I add a text box, the new one appears lower and to the right than the previous text box, now the new text boxes are being added off of the screen completely. Zooming out does not do anything. Is there a way to set a specific location for the new text boxes to appear so I am not chasing them all over the **** screen?

MacBook

Posted on Oct 24, 2020 9:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 6:03 AM

Had the same problem. Only way I could fix it was to save, close and then reopen the PDF. Would love to know how to really solve the problem

4 replies

Nov 20, 2020 6:27 AM in response to braxton100

It is up to you to fill that current text box and position it before you introduce others. And yes, they will downward-right cascade until the first text box reaches the edge of the page, where it remains half on and off. Further introduction of text boxes will then stack vertically down the right edge of the page. Each of these is addressable in the Preview Annotations list from the Inspector, and clicking on an entry there, selects the respective text box in the document.

Alternatively, once you insert one text box, you can press the option key and drag on it to duplicate it, fill that, and position it.

Oct 24, 2020 10:13 AM in response to braxton100

On the toolbar of Preview, there is an inspector tool. Either click that, or enter ⌘+i to open it. There will be five toolbar icons on the Inspector panel, and you want to click the right-most one, as it lists the annotations that you have applied in page order.

The annotations shown in the Inspector that are your text boxes bear that name, so starting with the last one, select them individually, or in multiples using with the ⌘-key, and press back space to remove the these annotations from the PDF.

There is a Preview User Guide available.

Cannot find text box during PDF markup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.