You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to use two carriers, with each providing service for one of the two numbers?

The iPhone 12, which I am considering buying, offers the use of two phone numbers. Is it possible to have two service providers, one for each number? I would use AT&T for one of the numbers, and Telcel (Mexican Carrier) for the other number. Thanks.

Posted on Oct 24, 2020 2:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2020 2:27 PM

This may work. Here’s a guide.

Using Dual SIM with an eSIM - Apple Support

Find wireless carriers that offer eSIM service - Apple Support

3 replies

Oct 24, 2020 9:42 PM in response to DonRodoCappSt

DonRodoCappSt wrote:

But my question is, can I use both carriers, one for the U.S. number, and the other for the Mexico number, both in the one device?

From the first article, that sberman has provided, I believe you will find the answer to be "yes." However, it will depend on each cellular provider's services to accommodate you. The second one, he provided, should answer that as well.

Here are a few of the many ways you can use Dual SIM:

• Use one number for business and another number for personal calls.
  • Add a local data plan when you travel outside of the country or region.
  • Have separate voice and data plans.

Oct 24, 2020 9:36 PM in response to sberman

I've been using, and physically carrying, two iPhones for many years. The carrier for my iPhone 5 is AT&T, U.S.A. The carrier for my iPhone 7 is provided by Telcel, Mexico. The number on each phone is indispensable for my lifestyle. Now, I feel it's time to upgrade. I'm thinking of moving up to an iPhone 12. The thing is, I go back and forth between the two countries as I have interests in both. When I'm in the U. S., I almost exclusively use the number with the U.S. area code. When I'm in Mexico, I use the Telcel number full time. However, I also use the AT&T number very often. The idea that both numbers can be contained in one device is very attractive. But my question is, can I use both carriers, one for the U.S. number, and the other for the Mexico number, both in the one device? I hope.

t

Is it possible to use two carriers, with each providing service for one of the two numbers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.