You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Crop function is weird

Suddenly when I try to do a Ken Burns there's only a right-to-left (or opposite) choice. Worse, a selected photo or video may appear halfway up the frame. There's little button I never saw before on the right of the viewing screen that toggle the selection vertically and seems to affect previously set clips. I must have changed something somewhere but don't know what it was.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 24, 2020 10:21 PM

11 replies

Oct 25, 2020 1:41 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

OK, this is a narration project where I start with one image, then lay the narration, then add images or video to match it. So I unthinkingly dropped in a vertical oriented image, did the narration, then when I moved on the the video components, it was all weird. In settings (when I tried to render) I saw it had automatically set to that one image, so that must be it. Even when I threw it all away (saving the audio) and started a new project, the same thing happens. How do I get back to the default (I already did the option/control startup.)? Here's what the settings look like.

Wait. I thought events are in projects, not projects in events......Hmmmm

My Crop function is weird

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.