You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring music purchases

I bought 152 songs from the iTunes Store on my phone. When I try to transfer them to my MacBook using an USB only 14 show up for transfer. This includes an album of 20 songs I bought at once but only 5 of those appear. I do not belong to Apple Music but I do have an iCloud account. What is happening and can I fix it without subscribing to Apple Music?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 9:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 1:25 PM

Hatrk Mom,

If you bought them on your phone, they will show as "Purchased" on your account, and you can download copies to your MacBook by following these steps: Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books - Apple Support

5 replies

Oct 26, 2020 5:15 AM in response to ed2345

Thank you for your reply. I have tried these steps. The purchases DO show on my phone but for some unknown reason only a few of them show to download on my MacBook. I even have a brand new album I bought with 20 songs but only 5 of those appear on the list to download. I am trying to figure out why all the other music isn’t transferring.

Transferring music purchases

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.