You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod is being configured...

Yesterday my HomePod just stopped responding to Siri shortcut commands (used with Overcast app) or any commands to control things in HomeKit (several lights throughout the house). These things all still work just fine from my other Apple devices.

I ended up resetting it and then setting up again but the home app said “HomePod is beging configured. Additional settings will be available shortly...” for over 24 hours. I have tried resetting it a few more times since and it still only gets as far as configuring. It works for basic stuff, like tell me the weather or play some music (useless to me since I don’t care for Apple music). But it can’t control anything in the Home app (says I haven’t set anything up) or respond to Shortcuts and personal requests (it says “I’m still getting up to speed with all your accounts, please try again in a few minutes.”).

Any new suggestions besides just resetting it yet again?

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 10:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2020 5:37 AM

The HomePod is now working again after the 14.2 update. Nothing I did worked. I had tried several resets, turned on and off my devices, used different devices to try and set up the HomePod, all with no luck. However, this morning, after the new 14.2 update finished, the HomePod started working again.

4 replies

HomePod is being configured...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.