You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fujifilm X100V RAW and Photos and Pixelmator

The X100V still does not appear on Apple's list of supported RAW formats. I bought this camera when it was released seven months ago and the delay is surprising. I remember a previous thread on this subject from around four or five months ago which suggested that the blame for the delay lay with Fujifilm. It's hard to accept this explanation given that the X100V is supported by Adobe along with the X-S10 (which was only just announced on the 15th of this month). I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that Apple moves in a timely manner to support customers who rely on Mac RAW editing apps (eg Pixelmator on the Mac) and Photos (which also does not yet recognise the X100V). Looking at other reports on the web I'm starting to wonder if this is a Catalina problem. Either way, it would be good to know.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 3:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 4:17 PM

Hi

Apple is not quick to update for new cameras. Worse, they don't communicate any sort of roadmap or timeline. It is not even possible to say if they will support a particular camera.

Your only options are:

• to wait - and if you like convert your fuji raw files to adobe's DNG raw format using their free converter, which you should then be able to use in photos.
  • Or... use software which does support your camera.

Sorry I can't provide more positive information.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 25, 2020 4:17 PM in response to pete-s

Hi

Apple is not quick to update for new cameras. Worse, they don't communicate any sort of roadmap or timeline. It is not even possible to say if they will support a particular camera.

Your only options are:

• to wait - and if you like convert your fuji raw files to adobe's DNG raw format using their free converter, which you should then be able to use in photos.
  • Or... use software which does support your camera.

Sorry I can't provide more positive information.

Oct 25, 2020 5:43 PM in response to TonyCollinet

That's OK Tony, no need to apologise, your reply is very much appreciated.

Based on my experience, I have to believe that what you are saying is correct.

I suppose a third option is to not buy any camera until it is Apple supported. Maybe that's what I need to end up doing for now. It just isn't feasible for me to make any major changes to my setup. It's not just the $ investment in Apple and supporting software: it takes so much time and effort to switch across to new systems and learn new software.

It's hard for me to understand how anyone in a company with such vast resources can treat customers and app providers in such a cavalier manner.

thanks again and all the best,

pete

Oct 25, 2020 6:36 PM in response to TonyCollinet

Thanks Tony,

I do agree that it's not too hard to convert to Adobe-format dng's but I would prefer to not disrupt my normal ingest process and add an additional demosaic step. I'll stick with option three for now and wait for Apple to adopt the raw format before purchasing any new cameras. Not ideal, but the least disruptive. In the meantime I'll use Fujifilm's X Raw Studio which produces very nice jpeg options.

cheers, pete

Fujifilm X100V RAW and Photos and Pixelmator

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.