You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut X Crashing when attempting export (sharing)

Hello!

I have a project that I cannot export. Each time I try, it crashes the application. I've tried creating new library, new event, new project...does not help. I read online that "deleting preferences" on startup should fix it, so I tried that, and it didn't help.

Hopeful that someone out there has experienced/solved this, and thanks in advance for your time.

Mark

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 10:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 2:07 PM

There is a lengthy thread here

https://www.fcp.co/forum/4-final-cut-pro-x-fcpx/32665-fcpx-crashes-on-export?start=20#110407

that's probably the cause of your problem. It's because of an iTunes update in older OSs.

Similar questions

4 replies

Oct 26, 2020 2:03 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

OS - High Sierra, 10.13.6

FCP X

Media is .mov files imported from iPhone

Properties are 1920 X 1080

Trying to export as a .mov file to the computer. Also tested doing so to Youtube and Facebook, but it crashes as well. I noticed some error messages in the "Terminal" page that pops up when starting final cut. Don't know what it means, but:

AVDCreateGPUAccelerator: Error loading GPU renderer

I'm wondering if it might help to uninstall & reinstall? Haven't done so yet in case it'd mess up old projects?

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Final Cut X Crashing when attempting export (sharing)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.