You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I download high quality JPEGS from iCloud photos

I have all my photos backed up on iCloud photos (with the optimise storage setting on).

When I choose a photo from my phone and email it to myself, I have the option of choosing the file sizes (small, medium large, actual size) - if I choose the largest actual size, I get the full resolution JPG (e.g. 12 MP for photos taken with my most recent iPhone).

However, when I download a picture in JPEG from the iCloud browser site (i.e. on my windows PC/browser) - it is usually around a third of the size and around 4 MP. How can I get the same full resolution JPG from iCloud (like the one I get when I email a photo to myself from my phone)? I know I can download the full size HEIC file but wondering if it is possible to get the full resolution JPG from iCloud since I can get that by manually emailing myself on the phone.

thanks all in advance

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 8:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2020 9:43 PM

You can share photos from iPhone from shared albums https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202786

https://support.apple.com/guide/icloud-iphone/photos-on-icloudcom-overview-mm8b32f3ae27/icloud

5 replies

Oct 27, 2020 9:01 PM in response to zinacef

Thanks for the reply.

Choosing "most compatible" gives me the lower quality (around 4 MP) JPG, choosing "unmodified original" gives me the full quality HEIC file. I was wondering if I can get the full quality JPG file from directly icloud.com - because I can get this full quality JPG when I email the photo to myself from my phone.

How do I download high quality JPEGS from iCloud photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.