You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps disappearing?!?$

I did the update last night and now my app app is missing. I’ve asked Siri to install it and she can’t figure it out. Help. What do I need to do!? Google hasn’t been helpful so far.

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Oct 27, 2020 4:22 PM

7 replies

Oct 27, 2020 5:01 PM in response to GINAMSC

Well, if the App Store app is gone, there wouldn't be a way for you to download it. Did you try searching your iPhone? Which update did you do last night, iOS 14.1? The App Store cannot be deleted, but may be on a page and you are not seeing it. See this about built-in apps, Delete built-in Apple apps on your iOS 12, iOS 13, or iPadOS device or Apple Watch - Apple Support Also, search the iPhone for the App Store, and it will identify if it is on another home page.

Oct 27, 2020 6:57 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thanks. I tried doing a search and it won’t show up as an app in search. I tried this already. Wants to send me to web based app links. If I scroll to the bottom and click

Search in Apps

search app store

it highlights and does nothing

also I have held my finger on the screen ans all the apps activate. I press the plus sign at the top and try to add the App Store and it won’t.

grrrrr. Frustrating.

Apps disappearing?!?$

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.