You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Was Apple trying to fool me with $50 Apple Store Gift Card by Email on Black Friday 2019?

I have purchased an iPhone XR 128GB on 2019 Black Friday event from Apple.com. On the event it said that i will receive a $50 Apple Store Gift Card by email.

At the checkout, the total price of the iPhone was $709 (tax incl.) but it was also applied the $50 discount from Apple Store Gift Card, so the final price was $659. It was just fine for me.

But, when I checked my bank account, I was surprised to see that Apple charged in the same time two amounts: $659 (for the iPhone) and $50 (for the Apple Store Gift Card); in total, bassicaly, it was the standard amount of the iPhone $709, tax incl.

I have received by email the Apple Store Gift card, but I cannot redeem it because there is no PIN and also in the email there is no option for “redeem now”.

So, in the end, was Apple trying to fool me (paying $659 on the iPhone and $50 on the Apple Gift card, without the possibility to redeem it), or I miss something?

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 27, 2020 11:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 7:49 AM

Problem solved. Apple forgot to send me the PIN. I call them and they sent back an email with the PIN

2 replies

Was Apple trying to fool me with $50 Apple Store Gift Card by Email on Black Friday 2019?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.