You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I empty the Trash in Mail on my iPad in one motion? Is there a shortcut?

In MacOS, I can empty the Trash in Mail by the keyboard shortcut option+command+shift+delete. Is there a shortcut on the iPad to empty the Trash in Mail? I'm running iOS 14.0.1 on my iPad 6th generation.

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 7:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 7:12 AM

No, there isn’t an equivalent shortcut. Initial delete moves Mail items to the Trash/Bin folder - from which it is possible to either recover an [inadvertently deleted] email, or manually delete forever.

Deleted messages can be configured, from individual Mail account settings, to automatically delete from Trash/Bin after one day, one week or one month.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 29, 2020 7:12 AM in response to danielfrombolingbrook

No, there isn’t an equivalent shortcut. Initial delete moves Mail items to the Trash/Bin folder - from which it is possible to either recover an [inadvertently deleted] email, or manually delete forever.

Deleted messages can be configured, from individual Mail account settings, to automatically delete from Trash/Bin after one day, one week or one month.

How can I empty the Trash in Mail on my iPad in one motion? Is there a shortcut?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.