You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable print using and hp printer that has been used at least 3 years with my computer. "hpPostProcessing.bundle" will damage your computer. is the message that shows up. Is there a way to fix this?

I am unable to print using an hp printer that has been used at least 3 years with my computer. "hpPostProcessing.bundle" will damage your computer. is the message that comes up on the screen when I try to print something.

MacBook Air

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 8:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply
5 replies

Oct 29, 2020 12:32 PM in response to august81

This is an issue brought on by HP, not Apple. They requested the certificate for some of their signed printer software be revoked, causing that message to appear.

See here: https://tidbits.com/2020/10/26/code-signing-snafu-breaks-many-hp-printers/

The Register understands from sources familiar with the matter

that HP Inc asked Apple to revoke its printer driver code-signing

certificates. It appears this request backfired as it left users unable

to print. A HP Inc spokesperson told us on Friday night:

"We unintentionally revoked credentials on some older versions of Mac

drivers. This caused a temporary disruption for those customers and we

are working with Apple to restore the drivers. In the meantime, we

recommend users experiencing this problem to uninstall the HP driver and

use the native AirPrint driver to print to their printer."

I believe its been resolved, downloading the new drivers from HPs site should now resolve the problem.

I am unable print using and hp printer that has been used at least 3 years with my computer. "hpPostProcessing.bundle" will damage your computer. is the message that shows up. Is there a way to fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.