You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am having issue with iOS 14. When I get a call from someone, the name which pops on screen as to who is calling is the name of person whom I called last and did not answer. I have seen this several times.

How do I see correct name on the screen of iPhone when someone calls? After updating, if I get a call from someone, name of last person called who did not answer pops up on screen.

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 8:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 8:48 AM

It’s a bug caused by some messaging apps such as WhatsApp. When you get a call to the app rather than the phone it corrupts the caller ID queue. Apple is aware of it and will probably fix it RSN (Real Soon Now). A temporary workaround is to restart your phone. You will note that the number or name in Phone/Recents is correct.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 29, 2020 8:48 AM in response to manthan96

It’s a bug caused by some messaging apps such as WhatsApp. When you get a call to the app rather than the phone it corrupts the caller ID queue. Apple is aware of it and will probably fix it RSN (Real Soon Now). A temporary workaround is to restart your phone. You will note that the number or name in Phone/Recents is correct.

I am having issue with iOS 14. When I get a call from someone, the name which pops on screen as to who is calling is the name of person whom I called last and did not answer. I have seen this several times.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.