You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 pro sound issue

Anyone else having sound issues with iPhone 12 pro? Sometimes my alerts and screen closing click is quieter than usual. Seems to get louder and quieter on its own for no reason. I’ve already turned off attention aware feature

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 4:45 PM

10 replies

Oct 31, 2020 3:35 AM in response to Jeremyohearn

I’m rather unimpressed with my new phone.

if I set up a ring tone, it seems to ring quieter than how I set it.

then I bought a ring tone and it stopped ringing entirely as if it was on silent - had to restart phone.

when I ring it now with the purchased ring tone, it rings normally but then goes quieter.

what the heck is this rubbish they’ve produced? Something so simple should work effortlessly not cause such a nuisance!

Mar 6, 2021 10:53 PM in response to Jeremyohearn

Even I see this issue 2 weeks before, tried debugging myself and replicate it, went to the tech team in Apple, Bellevue, they sent my device to the apple repair center and replaced it. I can still see the same issue. Today I was reading all the forum discussions and found people having the same issue. I see the hardware was perfect and there are some tweaks they do in software. I really like the strong sound when you lock the phone :-) but that's happening at sometimes and volume reduces sometimes. FYI, this issue occurs even when you Turn off the `Attention Aware Features`. To replicate, try lock/unlock the phone repeatedly.

iPhone 12 pro sound issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.