You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB-C to USB not fitting with USB stick

Just bought a USB-C to USB cable so I can still use my USB sticks with my new MacBook but none of my USB sticks are fitting in the USB port. Any suggestions? I'm positive I bought the right cord.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 8:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 9:09 PM

Chelsea'siPhoneisBroken:

"USB-C to USB not fitting with USB stick: Just bought a USB-C to USB cable so I can still use my USB sticks with my new MacBook but none of my USB sticks are fitting in the USB port. Any suggestions? I'm positive I bought the right cord."

-------

Start by Determining your Ports:

Go Here: Identify the ports on your Mac - Apple

This Seems what you Need: USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple. Is that what you purchased? If so, and it is not fitting in the female USB-A port, then there may be a dent in the port. So, return it, and purchase a new one. Ask if you may try it, prior to walking out with the purchase.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 29, 2020 9:09 PM in response to Chelsea'siPhoneisBroken

Chelsea'siPhoneisBroken:

"USB-C to USB not fitting with USB stick: Just bought a USB-C to USB cable so I can still use my USB sticks with my new MacBook but none of my USB sticks are fitting in the USB port. Any suggestions? I'm positive I bought the right cord."

-------

Start by Determining your Ports:

Go Here: Identify the ports on your Mac - Apple

This Seems what you Need: USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple. Is that what you purchased? If so, and it is not fitting in the female USB-A port, then there may be a dent in the port. So, return it, and purchase a new one. Ask if you may try it, prior to walking out with the purchase.

Oct 29, 2020 9:55 PM in response to Chelsea'siPhoneisBroken

Chelsea'siPhoneisBroken:

"USB-C to USB not fitting with USB stick: Yes, that is what I purchased. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not sure how much I should be wiggling/pushing safely but I definitely don't think it should be this hard. I'll have to return it tomorrow."

-------

You are welcome.

Jut be certain, to let it be and stop inserting the items, as they will be come more damaged.

USB-C to USB not fitting with USB stick

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.