You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP Printer

After an automatic update to OS 10.15.7 I'm getting a message that the printer driver for my HP Deskjet Pro will damage my computer. See screenshot. I thought this was related to an older driver so I installed the latest from HP's website. Same result. I do want to use the printer. Anyone with hints how to solve this?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 4:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 5:37 AM

A security certificate for HP printers expired on the 23rd of October.

People all over the world were affected.

HP released a new package of drivers with a valid certificate on the 25th October.

As you have not told us which HP printer you have I can only give you

a link to the driver support site for my printer.

The download is a universal one used for many different HP printers/ scanners etc

so it may well cover yours. It is worth a try and will not harm anything.

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-photosmart-c5200-all-in-one-printer-series/3204462

Make sure the operating system selector is set for macOS 10.15

Click on the + next to Driver Product Installation Software and click on Download.

Once Downloaded double click to install.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 30, 2020 5:37 AM in response to Per Sjofors

A security certificate for HP printers expired on the 23rd of October.

People all over the world were affected.

HP released a new package of drivers with a valid certificate on the 25th October.

As you have not told us which HP printer you have I can only give you

a link to the driver support site for my printer.

The download is a universal one used for many different HP printers/ scanners etc

so it may well cover yours. It is worth a try and will not harm anything.

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-photosmart-c5200-all-in-one-printer-series/3204462

Make sure the operating system selector is set for macOS 10.15

Click on the + next to Driver Product Installation Software and click on Download.

Once Downloaded double click to install.

HP Printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.