You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone 11 running iOS 14.1, calls dropping when encountering PBX with menus.

New iPhone 11 running iOS 14.1, calls dropping when encountering PBX with menus. I press one of the keys for the menu options and nothing happens. When menu entry completes, the call fails. I have encountered this with various service companies (I.e. food service, credit card call lines, banks, etc.).

iPhone 11

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 12:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 2:05 PM

That doesn't mean it's not your carrier's issue.

On LTE, touch tones aren't actually sent from your phone directly to the PBX or device on the other end, but rather the phone sends a code that tells the carrier to send a touch tone "3" or something generated on their equipment to the other end.

It could be working fine for the iPhone 6, but not for newer devices.

It's the first place I would check.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 30, 2020 2:05 PM in response to Bill from Warson Woods

That doesn't mean it's not your carrier's issue.

On LTE, touch tones aren't actually sent from your phone directly to the PBX or device on the other end, but rather the phone sends a code that tells the carrier to send a touch tone "3" or something generated on their equipment to the other end.

It could be working fine for the iPhone 6, but not for newer devices.

It's the first place I would check.

New iPhone 11 running iOS 14.1, calls dropping when encountering PBX with menus.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.