You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shortcut to connect to Sidecar?

I love using the sidecar feature with my iPad Pro, but I find that it is cumbersome to have to go into settings every time I want to connect. Is there a way, 1st or 3rd party, to do so easily? maybe add an icon in the menu bar that all I need to do is click on it and it searches for and connect my paired device? Or an automation to make a keyboard shortcut? (2018 MacBook Air & iPad Pro 10.5)

MacBook Air

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 1:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 1:41 PM

"Click the AirPlay icon in the menu bar on your Mac, then choose the option to connect to your iPad. Or use Sidecar preferences to connect.

If you don't see the AirPlay icon, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click Displays, then make sure that ”Show

mirroring options in the menu bar when available” is selected."

From: Use your iPad as a second display for your Mac with Sidecar - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 30, 2020 1:41 PM in response to airauian

"Click the AirPlay icon in the menu bar on your Mac, then choose the option to connect to your iPad. Or use Sidecar preferences to connect.

If you don't see the AirPlay icon, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click Displays, then make sure that ”Show

mirroring options in the menu bar when available” is selected."

From: Use your iPad as a second display for your Mac with Sidecar - Apple Support

Shortcut to connect to Sidecar?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.