You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 heating up while charging

Hello, i’ve bought the iPhone 12 last week and tried several different options for charging since then. First I charged it with my old iPhone 8 charger, but it was charging the phone for too long, then I tried it with the usb-c charger that comes with the iPhone 12 through my computer, but my laptop battery dropped quickly while charging, so I decided to buy an adapter for the charger, but when I charge it like that, the phone gets very warm during the first 3 minutes. Is it normal or not? If not, could the adapter be wrong or “too strong”? Thanks a lot for advice.

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 2:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 4:17 PM

Just wanted you to know that the iPhone 12 did NOT come with a charger. It just came with a charging CABLE. It is a USB-C to Lightning cable. A charger is what plugs into the wall and the CABLE (that you have) plugs into the back of it.

Not sure what you meant by purchasing an adapter. Can you provide a good description (or a photo of this adapter) of this adapter?

Axel F.

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 30, 2020 4:17 PM in response to Kydlickovaadel

Just wanted you to know that the iPhone 12 did NOT come with a charger. It just came with a charging CABLE. It is a USB-C to Lightning cable. A charger is what plugs into the wall and the CABLE (that you have) plugs into the back of it.

Not sure what you meant by purchasing an adapter. Can you provide a good description (or a photo of this adapter) of this adapter?

Axel F.

iPhone 12 heating up while charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.