You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I transferred my data from my iPhone 8 Plus to my iPhone 12 Pro, I noticed that I was missing text messages in my new phone that were in my old one. How can I get those texts back?

I noticed that some text messages (recent ones) were missing on my new phone, that existed on my old one. Do they take longer to transfer? Has anyone else had that problem?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 7:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 7:13 PM

How were you transferring data from the old phone to the new one? Were you using a backup and restoring that backup? If so, was that backup made before the text messages were received? Check to make sure you were following all of the correct steps if you were using Quick Start. Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support and check a link down towards the bottom of that document under Finish Up, to make sure you do not have to do anything else to finish.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 30, 2020 7:13 PM in response to MSLA

How were you transferring data from the old phone to the new one? Were you using a backup and restoring that backup? If so, was that backup made before the text messages were received? Check to make sure you were following all of the correct steps if you were using Quick Start. Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support and check a link down towards the bottom of that document under Finish Up, to make sure you do not have to do anything else to finish.

When I transferred my data from my iPhone 8 Plus to my iPhone 12 Pro, I noticed that I was missing text messages in my new phone that were in my old one. How can I get those texts back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.