You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to connect MacBook to Vizio TV with a USB-C to HDMI cable

I AM TRYING TO CONNECT MACBOOK TO VIZIO TV WITH A USB-C CABLE TO HDMI HOWEVER SCREEN ON TV DOES NOT SHOW DISPLAY PLS HELP

HELP CONNECT MACBOOK TO VISIO TV

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 7:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2020 8:06 AM

Ok, i think i can help you, sarah241. First, when replying, caps lock key off please.

that being said......there are a few things you can do. The connection between macbook and Tv must be made when both things are turned off, same with disconnection. Try doing a reset smc/pmu and zap pram on your macbook.i don’t know what exact model and year of Macbook you have, but I’m guessing it’s pretty recent due to your mention of USB-C. Your adapter should be active and support HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 and the HDMI cable likewise. In system preferences>>displays>>hold down Option key click on “detect displays”. It should also bring up more display options under “scaled”. If you want what’s on your macbook to show on your vizio tv, turn screen mirroring on. That should be it

John B

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 31, 2020 8:06 AM in response to sarah241

Ok, i think i can help you, sarah241. First, when replying, caps lock key off please.

that being said......there are a few things you can do. The connection between macbook and Tv must be made when both things are turned off, same with disconnection. Try doing a reset smc/pmu and zap pram on your macbook.i don’t know what exact model and year of Macbook you have, but I’m guessing it’s pretty recent due to your mention of USB-C. Your adapter should be active and support HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 and the HDMI cable likewise. In system preferences>>displays>>hold down Option key click on “detect displays”. It should also bring up more display options under “scaled”. If you want what’s on your macbook to show on your vizio tv, turn screen mirroring on. That should be it

John B

Trying to connect MacBook to Vizio TV with a USB-C to HDMI cable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.