You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi, I just upgraded my Beats Studio from V2 to V3 but I find the volume not as loud as the previous model? I have gone through the reset suggestion.

Hi, I just upgraded my Beats Studio from V2 to V3 but I find the volume not as loud as the previous model? I have gone through the reset suggestion.

Posted on Oct 31, 2020 3:51 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2020 11:00 AM

I have exactly the same problem. Had Beats Studio and upgraded to Studio3 wireless and I am so disappointed. The sound is so soft compared to my previous earphones. I would rather have kept them, but unfortunately the ear pieces sponge was peeling. Very disappointed in my new earphones :(

4 replies

Nov 4, 2020 1:05 PM in response to DreBeatsV3

Hi DreBeatsV3,

We certainly understand your concern with the volume not being as loud on your new Beats Studio 3. We're happy to help you with this. Since you're already reset, the next step will be to update the firmware on those Beats. Follow the steps here to do so:

Update the firmware of your Beats product

Let us know if this helps you, and we can go from there if needed.

Have a great day!

Nov 4, 2020 1:42 PM in response to sterling r

I have reset these headphones and I have downloaded the software to update the firmware, but, the headphones were already up to date with the latest firmware.

The volume is just the same as when I unboxed these headphones Saturday 31/10/2030.

I have been a loyal “Beats” customer from Solo (wired) to Solo (Wireless) to Studio’s V1, V2, and now V3 and I have to admit, these are the most disappointing by far. Had it not been merely for the fact that my Studio V2 (Wireless) needed new ear pads, I would have just stuck with them. They have proven to have been a workhorse for me and I just did not want to spoil them by purchasing 3rd party earpads off eBay to replace the worn out ones (like putting an ikea leg on a Chippendale table).

I purchased these Studio V3’s with the impression of them being an improvement, or at very least, equal?

If this is what I am left with, them I am bitterly disappointed to say the least.

Money has been wasted, time has been wasted and expectation has left me disappointed.

Beats are sold with the slogan by Dr Dre himself “People aren’t hearing all the music.”

Well, neither am I now.

Infact, I have just gone onto YouTube to listen to one of my favourite acts “The Ragga Twins on Pyro Radio” and I’m getting frustrated and annoyed, these simply aren’t good enough!😡😡😡

Nov 27, 2020 4:58 AM in response to KerryStrydom

Hi,

whats an added frustration and clearly an act of contempt by Apple to it customer base is, they know already with years of experience that the “pleather” will peel off after use, therefor could have either......

1) improved the “pleather”?

2) replaced with better materials?

3) offer replacement parts to customer (at a cost, we are not asking for freebies) that are prone to breaking/wear? (Ear cushions/headband)

But Apple is a capitalist corporation that relies on incremental improvements in order to resell its products year in, year out to its loyal customer base.

Gone are the days of manufacturers relying on brand name, integrity, reliability and performance.

Apple will not even as a “gesture of goodwill” offer either to yourself or myself replacement ear cushions for our Studio V2’s because they know if they did, that would mean another 2-3 years further use of our headphones, therefor no further profit for them as a new pair of Studio V3’s have not been sold.

Youtube has plenty of uploads of customers being very unhappy with the Sudio V3’s so, I recommend you get yourself a pair of 3rd party Studio earcushions and go back to your V2’s. Or equally wait till a pristine pair if V2’s come up for sale?

Its a damning indictment of Apple, who, produce good products, but not even “entry level” customer service or recognition of loyalty.

Prior to Apples purchase of “Beats” I had an issue with my Solo “wireless” and contacted their customer service. They sent me a pair of Studio V2’s as a free upgrade when I sent my “Solo’s” back. I referred to that situation as the “gold standard” as to how to treat loyalty.

Apple will merely, smirk, shrug their shoulder with that contemptible attitude of “well, where else are ya gonna go?”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.