You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Tv app in LG TVOS

I’m looking at a LG tv that has the Apple Tv app as one of the TVOS apps you can install, like Netflix or Prime Video. I assume I’ll be able to watch all my purchased 4K movies and Apple Tv+ content w/in the app, but will I be able to have access/watch all the tv apps I have use through my cable provider through the Apple Tv app, like the TNT, TBS, AMC, etc or will I still need my Apple Tv 4K for that? I’d prefer to keep the Apple Tv 4K w/my current tv but if I can’t access my cable apps, sadly I won’t be able.

Posted on Nov 1, 2020 4:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2020 7:20 AM

a smart tv can have the appletv app which let one buy, rent and view itunes store material and appletv+ and some support airplay too

a smart tv will not use appletv apps from third party and the likes only the physical appletv does that

1 reply

Apple Tv app in LG TVOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.