You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud files wouldn't remain downloaded for some amount of time

Hey! I use iCloud backup for my files a lot since many extern drives betrayed me. But right now I am dealing with some troubles – I am working on a photo book (using Adobe inDesign) and I need to temporary store all photos in my computer until I finish the book. But those photos are very large to be kept in my computer storage, so they are kept in icloud. But when photos aren't downloaded inDesign file isn't able to find them and marks them as missing. Is there any chance I can keep those files downloaded for specific time??

Thanks for any help

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 1, 2020 5:29 AM

1 reply

Nov 4, 2020 6:27 PM in response to vendulaz

Hey there vendulaz,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're wanting to download iCloud photos for a specific period of time. We're happy to provide some assistance.

You can download photos by following the steps here:

Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud

There is not an option to download for a specific time period, but you can leave feedback on this here:

Product Feedback

We hope this helps.

Have a great day!

iCloud files wouldn't remain downloaded for some amount of time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.