You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble connection Okicam T to MacBook Pro with Mojave

I purchased an Okilabs Okicam T to use with Zoom for long distance tutoring. I have had almost no success connecting the camera. Has anyone had success and how?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 1, 2020 10:02 AM

5 replies

Nov 4, 2020 8:46 AM in response to BDAqua

Thanks so much for the links. I tried them and didn't make any forward progress. The manufacturer is attempting to help with troubleshooting ideas. The camera is recognized by my old MacBook Pro which is running OS 10.12 and has conventional USB connectors. My newer MacBook Pro is running OS 10.14 and USB-C connections. I assume either USB-C or Mojave is causing the problem.

Nov 4, 2020 9:00 PM in response to BDAqua

Yes, the 2016 MacBook Pro I have does have four Thunderbolt or USB3 ports as best as I can tell from Apple support pages. The Okicam has USB 2.0 connectors which require an adapter to interface with the ports on the MacBook Pro. Back to my original problem. The Okicam works on an older MacBook Pro with the older USB 2.0 connectors and doesn't work with whatever kind of connectors the 2016 MacBook Pro has even with the official Apple adapter.

Thanks for the help.

Trouble connection Okicam T to MacBook Pro with Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.