You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text Messages Disappeared from my Iphone 11

Today, my text messages disappeared from my iphone 11. If I start a new message with someone that I had previously texted, then their entire thread shows up (including the new one). I use these messaged to keep my business straight and am very concerned. How do I get them back? I didn't change anything...

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Nov 2, 2020 4:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2020 3:00 PM

Hello kpakovic,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your post that your messages have disappeared from your iPhone 11 but that if you start a new message the old messages return. Start by restarting your iPhone as described below:

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Next, if you use messages in iCloud, check to make sure it is still enabled. If it is enabled, you may want to toggle it off and then on again.

Keep all your messages in iCloud - Apple Support

Best Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 6, 2020 3:00 PM in response to kpakovic

Hello kpakovic,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your post that your messages have disappeared from your iPhone 11 but that if you start a new message the old messages return. Start by restarting your iPhone as described below:

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Next, if you use messages in iCloud, check to make sure it is still enabled. If it is enabled, you may want to toggle it off and then on again.

Keep all your messages in iCloud - Apple Support

Best Regards.

Text Messages Disappeared from my Iphone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.