You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad maps crashing.

Every time I try and get directions on my iPad since the last update it website crashes. Are others having this problems. I have checked my settings and all seems to be in order.

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14

Posted on Nov 3, 2020 2:11 AM

8 replies

Nov 8, 2020 10:19 AM in response to lyn236

Hey there lyn236,

Thank you for completing that troubleshooting, we would like to continue moving forward with helping you out.

You stated that this issue started occurring after completing the latest software update. Let's try backing up the iPad and reinstalling the iPadOS software using these steps:

Best wishes.

Nov 8, 2020 1:37 PM in response to mingoslkd

Thank you for that. I think I have inadvertently mislead you in y inquiry. That’s what happens when you get to my age.

it is not a maps app that crashes. It is the Google maps that crash. It is happening when I go into a website and open the attached map to see where the location is. I use this method frequently to see where I need to drive.

Kind Regards,

Lyn

Nov 8, 2020 1:39 PM in response to lyn236

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251991101?answerId=253830213022#253830213022

Thank you for that. I think I have inadvertently mislead you in y inquiry. That’s what happens when you get to my age.

it is not a maps app that crashes. It is the Google maps that crash. It is happening when I go into a website and open the attached map to see where the location is. I use this method frequently to see where I need to drive.

Kind Regards,

Lyn

Nov 9, 2020 8:16 AM in response to lyn236

Hey lyn236,

No worries! We are still happy to help you out with this! We may have a better resolution for your issue now that we have clarity.

Try downloading the Google Maps app from the App Store and see if the issue persists. Once you have downloaded the app, now you will be redirected to the directions and ETA directly through the Google Maps app.

Hope this helps!

Best wishes to you!

IPad maps crashing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.