You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

syncing photos

neither my iPad nor my iPhone will sync photos to my macbook when link them with a cable (would prefer not using the cloud) only the screen shots get transferred , not photos

Posted on Nov 3, 2020 9:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2020 12:14 PM

Which system version is running on your Mac?

Is your iPhone taking the photos in the space saving High Efficiency format HEIC ? Then you need a Mac with the system version macOS 10.13 High Sierra or newer. Only the most recent system versions support the High efficiency format. See: Using HEIF or HEVC media on Apple devices - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 3, 2020 12:14 PM in response to eva333

Which system version is running on your Mac?

Is your iPhone taking the photos in the space saving High Efficiency format HEIC ? Then you need a Mac with the system version macOS 10.13 High Sierra or newer. Only the most recent system versions support the High efficiency format. See: Using HEIF or HEVC media on Apple devices - Apple Support

syncing photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.