You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove embedded programs of my MacBook Air

How do I remove embedded programs of my MacBook Air that will not delete.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, 10.15

Posted on Nov 4, 2020 5:34 AM

6 replies

Nov 4, 2020 9:39 AM in response to Tigs91

Tigs91 Said:

"embedded programs of my MacBook Air that won: How do I remove embedded programs of my MacBook Air that will not delete."

-------

Is this Still Logged into iCloud?:

If so, it is useless to you, and you wont be able to use it, unless the individual currently signed in, signs out of it, and then you sign in to it. Go to System Preferences, and see if there is anyone listed on top.

Two Thoughts to Uninstalling this Software:

• Install the MacOS Anew:

Be sure to make a backup of your Mac prior to performing that, so that you can restore your data, should anything go wrong during or after the reinstall.

Or...

• Use Uninstaller:

See if you can find uninstallers for it. Such apps that typically have an uninstaller are MS Office, and Security Software.

Nov 4, 2020 5:52 PM in response to Tigs91

Tigs91 wrote:

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! I am referring to the programs like FaceTime, podcasts, Books, Chess, Stocks, Messages..that sort of thing. Sorry if I'm not explaining the issue very well.

All the apps you listed are default apps installed by and part of the Mac OS - which means you cannot delete them. Just ignore the ones you do not wish to use.

Nov 4, 2020 6:40 PM in response to babowa

babowa Said:

"Not sure what your suggestions have to do with the OP’s question. They simply want to delete some apps. And you cannot uninstall or delete apps which are part of the OS install. It has nothing to do with icloud or a previous owner."

-------

Saying:

"And you cannot uninstall or delete apps which are part of the OS install."

"embedded" I was thinking more about the fact that it being circumstantial of those installed by the original owner, if it were to be installed as a used device, making it uninstallable - so to put it. But it makes more sense, thinking of the keyword being "embedded" in the macOS.

Remove embedded programs of my MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.