You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No default mail

Hello,

Could you please help me. I want to have no default mail account so that when from an app I want to send an mail, once clicking on send mail, all the accounts I have are shown so that I can choose the one I prefer. Is it possible? All the topics I found are about setting a default account or changing a default account.

thanks

Posted on Nov 4, 2020 6:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2020 6:50 AM

I am assuming that you are using the Apple Mail app on your iPhone. A default account is needed however you can achieve what you want to do as well. This applies only when you are writing a fresh email:

Open the Mail app ➔ New Message (Tap on icon at bottom right) ➔ Tap on FROM (this should show your default email address). Once you tap on it then you will all your other options to send from ➔ Pick the account you like ➔ Compose your email ➔ Send the email.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 4, 2020 6:50 AM in response to olesea84

I am assuming that you are using the Apple Mail app on your iPhone. A default account is needed however you can achieve what you want to do as well. This applies only when you are writing a fresh email:

Open the Mail app ➔ New Message (Tap on icon at bottom right) ➔ Tap on FROM (this should show your default email address). Once you tap on it then you will all your other options to send from ➔ Pick the account you like ➔ Compose your email ➔ Send the email.

Axel F.

No default mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.