You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

microsoft office 365 issue with MAC 10.11

microsoft upgrade tells me to upgrade office 365 but needs 10.13 or later and I have 10.11, my laptop is 5 years old and I can't upgrade more - help!

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Nov 4, 2020 5:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2020 3:30 AM

You can upgrade to Mojave 10.14.6, or to Catalina 10.15.7 on a mid-2012 MacBook Pro. Use only the Safari browser with those links. Because Catalina accepts strictly 64-bit applications, some of your older applications may not be supported without 64-bit compatible updates by the respective vendor, or replacement applications with comparable functionality. Use the free, Go64 software to determine which applications are 64-bit and those that are not.

Never perform an upgrade with less than 25 GB of free storage remaining on your Mac that you determined from performing a Get Info on your startup drive icon on your Desktop. Never perform an upgrade without first running a Time Machine backup on the existing installation, and I also prefer to boot into Recovery and perform a Disk Utility First Aid on the boot drive before an upgrade.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 5, 2020 3:30 AM in response to apple_n

You can upgrade to Mojave 10.14.6, or to Catalina 10.15.7 on a mid-2012 MacBook Pro. Use only the Safari browser with those links. Because Catalina accepts strictly 64-bit applications, some of your older applications may not be supported without 64-bit compatible updates by the respective vendor, or replacement applications with comparable functionality. Use the free, Go64 software to determine which applications are 64-bit and those that are not.

Never perform an upgrade with less than 25 GB of free storage remaining on your Mac that you determined from performing a Get Info on your startup drive icon on your Desktop. Never perform an upgrade without first running a Time Machine backup on the existing installation, and I also prefer to boot into Recovery and perform a Disk Utility First Aid on the boot drive before an upgrade.

microsoft office 365 issue with MAC 10.11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.