You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fake email

I want people to be aware of a fake email I received from no-reply@apple.com followed by numbers and letters. Its a receipt for an app I did not purchase and wants me to click a link. The wording is as follows: "If you do not make a purchase or you believe an unauthorized person has accessed your account, you must cancel the purchase as soon as possible , To cancel your purchase within 48 hours, after receiving this invoice, go to Cancel and Manage Purchasing>" (I typed the typos as they appear in the invoice"} Do not take the bait. Hope this helps people.

iPad Pro, 14

Posted on Nov 9, 2020 6:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2020 7:22 PM

Sounds like a scam. Don't click any links and give them any info about your account. Ignore it and delete it.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.15.7; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.2; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.2; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.2; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.2  HomePods, audioOS 14.2 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 9, 2020 7:22 PM in response to Novdell

Sounds like a scam. Don't click any links and give them any info about your account. Ignore it and delete it.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.15.7; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.2; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.2; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.2; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.2  HomePods, audioOS 14.2 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Fake email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.