You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Regarding Apple watch series 1 pairing with iPhone with the latest iOS

Hello,

I have an Apple Watch series 1. I hadn’t used it for about of month and the watch eventually unpaired, and fell behind on updates. Now when I try to pair it again i get an “update is required to continue pairing” prompt. When i try to update it is throwing like i am not connected to internet where i have connected through wifi and able to access internet.

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 11, 2020 5:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2020 4:59 PM

I described a problem which is not allowing me to update. I found the solution for the same there is a splash screen with update button which is overriding the popup which has update now. Clicking on update now in the popup which is appearing nearly 2-3 second and then proceeding on with update process in the splash screen. I could able to do it.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 11, 2020 4:59 PM in response to Community User

I described a problem which is not allowing me to update. I found the solution for the same there is a splash screen with update button which is overriding the popup which has update now. Clicking on update now in the popup which is appearing nearly 2-3 second and then proceeding on with update process in the splash screen. I could able to do it.

Nov 11, 2020 5:52 AM in response to Charrlie

Apple watch 1 will only update to WatchOS6,the latest update is 7.1,you can pair it with ios14 but not before jumping through a lot of hoops.

Regarding Apple watch series 1 pairing with iPhone with the latest iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.