You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to separate real photos from screenshots on an iPad ios 14.2 in photos

How to separate real photos from screenshots on an iPad ios 14.2 in photos?

I would like to export my photos and my screen shots separately.

How do I do this?

Thank you.

Posted on Nov 13, 2020 4:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2020 5:16 AM

I am still unclear on how to extract real photos from all photos including screenshots.

I am aware there is a folder with screen shots.

Where is the folder with real photos with nothing else?

Thank you.

3 replies

Nov 25, 2020 2:14 PM in response to owlmailer

Hello owlmailer,

By default all of your photos should appear in Library. Although screenshots appear in the Screenshots folder, they are also included in Library as well. There is currently not a way to separate screenshots from other photos in the Library folder.

You can create a new album and manually move all photos that aren't screenshots to that new album or at the photos to Favorites, however, new photos you take would not be put there automatically. Please also keep in mind that any photo deleted from Favorites or a new album/folder would also be removed from your Library folder as well. Here's some steps that should help: Organize photos in albums on iPad.

Cheers!

Nov 19, 2020 11:57 AM in response to owlmailer

Hello owlmailer,

We understand you would like some help separating screenshots from other photos on your iPad. We have some information we'd like to give you that might help.

By default your screenshots are automatically put into their own album. In Photos, swipe from the left edge of the screen to show the sidebar. You should see an album called Screenshots under the "Media Types" section. You can view more on how your photos are organized here: Organize photos in albums on iPad.

It may be possible to transfer/export screenshots and other photos separately, but that depends on how and where you're trying to export them. Here are steps on how to transfer photos from you iPad: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. If you're transferring to a computer, you will have the option to only transfer specific albums.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

how to separate real photos from screenshots on an iPad ios 14.2 in photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.