You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After Big Sur update, none of the Apple apps are working

I've updated my iMac 2019 with Big Sur 11.0.1.

Following the update, none of the Apple apps are working (Safari, iMessage, Apple Music, even the app store !). Other apps such as Excel or Chrome work fine.

When clicking on the icon of an Apple app in the dock, it moves for half a second and then stays still.

I've rebooted several times.

No system update is available.

What can I do?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Nov 14, 2020 6:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2020 8:37 AM

Go into Recovery mode https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201314 and re-install. It will overwrite the upgrade and may resolve these issues.

Also, be prepared for the system to seem slow for a day or so while new databases are being written.

Similar questions

5 replies

Nov 14, 2020 7:00 AM in response to wallerstein

wallerstein wrote:

I've updated my iMac 2019 with Big Sur 11.0.1.
Following the update, none of the Apple apps are working (Safari, iMessage, Apple Music, even the app store !). Other apps such as Excel or Chrome work fine.
When clicking on the icon of an Apple app in the dock, it moves for half a second and then stays still.
I've rebooted several times.
No system update is available.
What can I do?

If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other ...

After Big Sur update, none of the Apple apps are working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.