You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using an old Canon Lide 200

I have an old Canoscan Lide200. I know that the drivers have not been updated and will never be updated but I can still use mine. I go to control panel and tap 'scan'. This will return a message that the scanner is not responding. I close the window and do the same thing a second time. This time, it works.

I suspected that I had two copies of the driver. I uninstalled and reinstalled without changing this. The good news is that after updating to Big Sur, it is the same.

Does anyone know a way to get into the system to make this work correctly?

Mac mini, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 14, 2020 8:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2020 8:07 PM

Oh yes, I could do it. I have a same question and almost give it up.

At first you set up 'scanner' from 'system preference' --> 'Printers & Scanners' and add with + button, then CanoScan LiDE 200, then 'open scanner...', but after a while it says failed due to drivers broken or similar. but don't freak out please, actually I did.

So close the system preference, and open 'preview' --> 'file' --> 'import from CanoScan LiDE 200...' --> 'scan' . you can 'save' some kinds of way and size. Voit La!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 24, 2020 8:07 PM in response to levin001

Oh yes, I could do it. I have a same question and almost give it up.

At first you set up 'scanner' from 'system preference' --> 'Printers & Scanners' and add with + button, then CanoScan LiDE 200, then 'open scanner...', but after a while it says failed due to drivers broken or similar. but don't freak out please, actually I did.

So close the system preference, and open 'preview' --> 'file' --> 'import from CanoScan LiDE 200...' --> 'scan' . you can 'save' some kinds of way and size. Voit La!

Using an old Canon Lide 200

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.