You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Mini keychain issues

Hi all,

I got my new iPhone 12 mini yesterday, upgrading from my iPhone 8. I'm setting it up as a new iPhone for the sake of a "fresh start." I logged into my Apple ID/iCloud, of course. When I download apps and try to log in, Keychain is not showing me my saved passwords. Same thing on websites.

Settings --> iCloud have Keychain showing as On.

Settings --> Passwords have Autofill Passwords to allow filling from Keychain, but it only lists the ones that I have typed manually into this phone so far and have allowed it to save. There should be 100+ listed there. The keychain syncing worked correctly on my old phone.

I also upgraded my MacBook Air 2020 to Big Sur yesterday, not sure if there could be an issue there... but iCloud settings on my laptop also show Keychain as turned on.

Thanks for any advice!

iPhone

Posted on Nov 14, 2020 9:10 AM

3 replies

Dec 9, 2020 6:03 PM in response to RachelLudovise

FYI, i had the same issue. Upgrade from my iPhone 8 to iPhone 12 Mini yesterday.

Apparently it was due to not allowing the time to finish syncing / updating everything.

It's transferring over all of my iCloud Keychain now. They are slowly becoming available.

NOTE: I had reset my iPhone 8 when I THOUGHT I had finished with the restore from backup on the new phone.

IT WAS NOT!

I reactivated my iPhone 8 and restored using the same restore from backup as I did on my new iPhone 12 Mini.

Then it started showing up. So now I'm letting it do whatever it's doing in the background and once I feel safe or enough has restored from my iCloud Keychain, THEN i'll reset the iPhone 8 to factory defaults.

iPhone 12 Mini keychain issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.