You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you change the login screen for Big Sur?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Nov 14, 2020 6:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 11:08 AM

Just to make sure everyone is talking about the same subject:

One can change the “login page” background and the sleep/locked background, but now I’m talking about the awful Red page you see when you turn on the computer, where you choose the Icon of who will be logging in. Personally, it's hurting my eyes and would appreciate it very much to be able to change that.

If this discussion is about another screen, I'll try to post this somewhere else. Or... if anyone knows a solution....

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 13, 2021 11:08 AM in response to erikbock

Just to make sure everyone is talking about the same subject:

One can change the “login page” background and the sleep/locked background, but now I’m talking about the awful Red page you see when you turn on the computer, where you choose the Icon of who will be logging in. Personally, it's hurting my eyes and would appreciate it very much to be able to change that.

If this discussion is about another screen, I'll try to post this somewhere else. Or... if anyone knows a solution....

Nov 14, 2020 7:12 PM in response to mcp from phoenix

so far i've only seen the response "you can't." my previous mac only went as far as high sierra. on that one, the login screen always matched my desktop pic. when i bought this new one, it came with catalina. the login image was the catalina island pic regardless of what my desktop was. then after the second 10.15.7 update, the 2 screens started matching. ever since installing big sur on thursday, the screens still match each other. i haven't messed with any settings or anything. the picture is there and matches no matter if i logout and back in or do a restart. i can't be the only one, but so far i haven't seen anyone say that their machine acts this way. here's a screenshot to show you that i'm not nuts.

if anyone see this and is getting the same results, please let me know. i can't be the only one, can i?

Dec 8, 2020 2:10 AM in response to erikbock

Did you ever figure out how to do this? I am having the same issue as I want a different lockscreen and desktop wallpaper. Even when I lock the desktop picture folder in cache, and the lockscreen stays as the image I want it to be, when I go to change the desktop picture, it still makes that my lockscreen. Really frustrating that there isn't a simple fix to this? It should be a non issue.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.